Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Wyndham timeshare any way to stop the contract?

Sep 12, 2023

As you have already discovered, NO verbal statement made by a timeshare sales weasel is even worth listening to, as it is likely completely untruthful and is not in any way legally binding (which they certainly know full well). If something is not expressed in writing within the four corners of a contract, then it simply does not exist (the sales weasels certainly know that too).

No one here can answer questions regarding your particular financing terms and conditions. Those are details that are addressed within the financing contract that you voluntarily signed. You will need to drill down directly with Wyndham (and I do not mean by talking to any of their lying and deceitful sales weasels) to learn the specific details, process, procedures and any fees or penalties that may be associated with pre-payment of your existing loan balance.

I certainly don't recommend doing so, but you can choose to just stop paying and default on the loan. There are of course obvious consequences to this choice, including collection efforts and a negative credit report "hit" that, once filed, will then remain firmly in place for 7 years, potentially affecting your eligibility for other loans, home mortgage applications, etc. It is entirely your personal decision whether or not you want to accept the negative credit report consequences of knowingly defaulting on a loan that you previously took on of your own free will and choice. I wish you luck; none of the options available to you are at all attractive.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 15, 2023 08:23 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.