Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

Looking forward to discussing Timeshares, especially WLR&S

Jun 15, 2011

i would like to sell 3 BR splits very nice units building 100. Does any one knows where to start with the process? Is it true that I need to offer it to Westgate first before i could sale? and who puts the price?

Anyone that know and can explain the process please let me know.

MV

Maria V.
Jun 16, 2011

Not certain but I believe that Westgate has right of first refusal. They might not always exercise it though. You could always call Owner Services and find out what say. Please report back, as we are all interested in hearing what Westgate has to say on this topic.

Lisa Ann S.
Jun 16, 2011

I will report back as soon as I find out how to go about puting up for sale.

MV

Maria V.
Jan 14, 2012

Hello has any one used the third party company that could help sale the property? Is it worth investing on this company? and would they guarantee a buyer?

Maria V.
Dec 30, 2012

i think haifa israel is one of the prettiest lpaces in the world!

Mary G.
Dec 31, 2012

mariav81 wrote:
Hello has any one used the third party company that could help sale the property? Is it worth investing on this company? and would they guarantee a buyer?

All of these third parties are a scam. They will keep asking you for more fees and promise they will unload it for them, but you'll see in the fine print all they are committing to is to advertise your property at unrealistically high asking prices so they can bleed you for money until you get tired of paying it.

Sell through eBay, Redweek, or Timeshare Users Group. Look on eBay to see prices for auctions at your resort (watch current listings and look at completed sales). Don't be surprised if you see that unless you own a stellar resort, you might have to sell for $1 and pay the closing costs of the buyer. Some sellers are even throwing in a free week as a sweetener to help them unload their week.

My successful strategy a couple of years ago was to list for $1000 (I'd paid $156 for a Summer Bay Resort week on eBay) and drop the price $250 per week until it was gone. It sold in two weeks at $500 with the selling paying that much again in closing costs. You probably won't be as lucky today in the current selling environment.

Leonard B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.