Report Abuse

Re: Consequences on stop maintenance fee payments on a RTU timeshare

I'm the person who started this thread. I just want to give a big thank you to Lance.C. you were 100% correct in your information you replied. I wrote 3 letters i wrote all my life changing events,i wrote, that i was willing to work something out with them if they would take the timeshare back , one letter was for my timeshares ceo, in there main headquarters (Florida), one letter was for management in there main headquarters(Florida), and the other letter where my timeshare was located in Pennsylvania. I made copies of this letters and saved them. I stopped making my maintenance fee payments. The harassment calls started, alot of them, over 50 different phone numbers, because each time they would call me, I would block them. Next day it would be a different phone number calling me, but I knew it was them, cause the area code was from Florida or Pennsylvania. I live in California. So it was just the harassment calls. They also tried to charge me with a one time assessment fee for $16,000 , plus the regular annual maintenance fees, so i would just keep sending them copies of the original letters, and told them, you will NOT get a payment from me. Then we didn't hear nothing from them, for maybe 4 to 5 months. Then just last week I received a letter of termination stating I no longer have membership or any obligations to this timeshare. And they did not take me to collections , my credit score is the same. So people this timeshare companies just have everyone scared. Never again I will fall into this trap. Again Thank you Lance.C. 🙂 hope this helps people that feel they are stuck with this timeshares till death. THANK GOD! I'm out of this