Report Abuse

Floating weeks.

I own a Westin Vacation Village 2BR Lockoff participating in RCI Points. This is a fixed week ownership but since it participates in RCI Points it primarily funcions like a floating week with the ability to not only pre-reserve at this resort but also a group of resorts in the Daily Management group (Including a Vacation Village in Orlando). - RCI Points also allows 1-42 night reservations on a single reservation and exchange fee although you'd have to own a lot of be very creative in order to make a singl 6 week reservation! So, if you find a resort participating in RCI Points and the unit for sale also is participating in RCI Points (a prior owner had to buy in and it is transferrable) AND the deeded unit is a fixed week you can: - Search for a unit with deeded fixed week in the Jan/Feb period. As mentioned before this will cost more. - Ensure the unit is already participating in RCI Points, or after you buy, pay the resort $3,000-$5,000 to join RCI Pts. - Once you're the owner and member, - Notify RCI (Not your resort) you intend to use your unit 12-13 months in advance - no fee - 11-12 months in advance take advantage of your resort priority to reserve a unit at your resort. $40 fee - 10-11 mo in adv priority in your resort group. I think this is still a $40 fee - 10 mo or less, reserve at any resort in the RCI Points and RCI Weeks program. There's a dispute about access to RCI Weeks resorts but in general anything a weeks member can reserve, a points owner can reserve. When reserving in your group or resort the fee is still the same, other resorts are $30-$124 I believe. $30 is a one night and $124 is 7 nights or longer. In my experience, most Jan/Feb units in the Vacation Village group in any FL location are available 8-12 months in advance. Then 2BR units disappear, then the larger 1BR, then about 3-5 months before checkin unit availability disappears.