Timeshare Exchanges

Resinding within 5 days in Mexico

Feb 02, 2009

Get in touch with Profeco for any complaints you may have concerning timeshares in Mexico:

Information: Profeco offers free advice on the commercial conduct of companies operating in Mexico.

Complaints: Profeco receives reports of non-compliance upon contracting a service or buying products. Go to the Profeco office in the town where you are, making sure to present a copy of the documents which validate the operation undertaken: the receipt or contract and a valid form of identity.

You can also present your complaints to Profeco via the Mexican Embassy or Consulate in your country of origin, or by mail to: Profeco Dirección General de Quejas y Conciliación Av. José Vasconcelos No. 208, Colonia Condesa, México 06140, D.F. (Accompany a brief description of your problem with your name, address and telephone number.) Call us toll-free 01-800-468-8722 Email: extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx

R P.
Apr 01, 2009

lisaa228 wrote:
The person that had the problem with Playa Grande. Did your recission get accepted. What must a person do? I am getting stonewalled by Playa Grande, I'm on day #2.

lisaa228 - please take a look at my website: http://mexisham-timeshare.blogspot.com/

Mass P.
Apr 01, 2009

I want to follow up so to encourage others to ACT NOW I sent a registered letter within 5 BUSINESS Days and did, indeed get my money back. In my case, Pueblo Bonito used stall tactics, denied we could receive a refund of our deposit, stonewalled, etc. But when Profeco was mentioned, the refund was made. Remember it's business days so Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays don't count. If you send the letter, and later get hit with objections, you will have two legs to stand on.

Jamie M.

Last edited by jamieannie on Apr 01, 2009 06:26 AM

Apr 02, 2009

Yes, we did get the "deal" rescinded. We were already owners at Playa Grande, and a timeshare shark, named Freddy, used every trick and lie to darn near get us. We got back to where we wanted to be, but it was close. We got a notice of recission sent right back and did get it to them within 5 business days. We sent by both UPS and the US Postal service. They do try to stall. You need to move immediately. The mention of Profeco should also help, as it did with you.

Lisa A.
May 19, 2009

have yet to hear back from Profeco!

Fran B.
May 20, 2009

franb40 wrote:

Keep calling or emailing Prefeco until you get some action, and Amber you need to also get in touch with Profeco .... their address and communication numbers are at the top of this page ..... if there has been a swindle involving the purchase of a Mexican timeshare, they WILL help you .... it may take a while but they will help you.

R P.
May 20, 2009

jayjay wrote:
franb40 wrote:

Keep calling or emailing Prefeco until you get some action, and Amber you need to also get in touch with Profeco .... their address and communication numbers are at the top of this page ..... if there has been a swindle involving the purchase of a Mexican timeshare, they WILL help you .... it may take a while but they will help you.

Amber T.
May 21, 2009

We contacted PROFECO and their response was that they would call three hearings and If we could not get in to an agreement, they would release our case to seek legal advise. They also told me that they could not obligate the resort to reinburse the monies since their nature was administrative only. This is the reason we decided to contact the services of an attorney.

let me leave you with the letter I was sent:

Department of Conciliation Services for Foreign Residents

Dear Sir & Madam,

The Department of Conciliation Services for Foreign Residents provides assistance towards solving controversies for foreign or Mexican citizens living abroad that acquire any product or service from a Mexican supplier and are not satisfied with it.

Because of the administrative nature of this Federal Office, we cannot dictate mandatory resolutions to resolve controversies presented before us. We assist the parties within a mediation/conciliation procedure; based on the terms of the contract that consumer supplies us. The Federal Law of Consumer’s Protection contemplates three conciliation meetings to reach an agreement between parties.

Our services are free of charge and do not require the presence of the consumer during the mediation procedure. According to Article 105 from the Federal Law of Consumer’s Protection there is a term of 1 year, after the purchase or inconformity, to submit a complaint through this Office and verbal promises are not valid for our procedure.

We have received all the information requested. if something else is required i will let you know by this same mean, if nothing is missing, then, we will assign you a file number and a meeting's date to the first meeting with the legal represenative of the company.

Thank you & please wait for news.

Amber T.
May 21, 2009

Amber, how can I get in touch with you. We need to talk!

Fran B.
May 21, 2009

ambert26 wrote:
Just like you, my husband Earl and I took a vacation to Mexico. what appeared to be a relaxing trip, turned in to a nightmare on the second day when we were invited to a ¨Free Breakfast¨ for ninty minutes. We purchased $36.000 with a scamming rental pitch hoping to use our weeks to pay it off. When we got back and realized we couln´t afford this purchase, we tried to cancel, no one from Mayan Palace accepted our Cancelation petition.

We contacted a Lawyer who specializes in timeshare fraud and within 15 days we were able to get our Dowm payment back. the link is www.GonzalezGonzalezLawFirm.com

Ask for Cindy. She was very proffessional and empathetic. Hope they can help you with your issues.

Best Regards!!! Amber Taylor

How much did the law firm charge you for their services?

R P.
May 21, 2009

franb40 wrote:

Fran, while this may or may not work, contact RedWeek using the link at the bottom of the page. Explain the situation and they may Amber an email on your behalf.

Good Luck

Mike N.
May 22, 2009

Thank you Mike. I hope it works.

The resorts read all we write and have used it against me!!!! or tried!

Amber, hopefully we can email each other, I don't want you to put your email on site here nor do I.

I have heard from Gonzales but I am working with someone else and praying it all works out.

Thanks ~Fran

Fran B.
May 22, 2009

franb40 wrote:

amber26t@live.com

Amber T.
May 22, 2009

I am not sure, but I think it was 35% or 40% percent of what we got back. witch is far better than no money back at all.

Best regards!!!

Amber T.
May 22, 2009

YEAH! This Mexican scams will soon STOP!!!!!

It called the attention of the FTC who said that Citicorp should have grown suspicious of the ethical practices in this business group because of the high number of complaints/disputes against them. The FTC actually took Citicorp to court and fined them several million dollars and made a new ruling because they felt it was greed that fueled Citicorp and not concern for the consumer

Fran B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.