Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Chris, Are u paying your yearly maintenance? I’m up to date with mine for the last 15 years and watched it grow from $900 to $3500. How ridiculous!! I get 7 floating days and u have to waste one night if u want a Saturday only!! Imagine what kind of hotel room u can get for $500 for a night. I’m trying to figure how to get out of this timeshare other than accepting $100 from Bluegreen and washing my hands from the worst investment of my life. I wish I could turn the clock back to 2004 when I bought this lousy investment and turn my back on all their promises that they delivered at the closing. I should have realized something was wrong when they charged the $42k on 3 of my credit cards and didn’t charge me the 2 1/2% the cards were charging the Manhattan Club. It wouldn’t be so bad if we could rent our time share out. I tried for 5 years and was able to rent 3 days @ $350 a night. Tried renting it by the week however if someone only wanted 5 days I would have to cancel the whole week and they couldn’t guarantee that those days would be available because of the waiting list. Also the maintenance fees that are not being paid is added to the maintenance fees that the active owners are paying to make up for the shortfall. I think I’ve said enough!!! [Q=chrisv126] Gary, you are so right! the former nysag, schneiderman, made a "settlement" with his case vs TMC/EICHNER that is a ridiculous JOKE. again, you're right: " no one has direction or knowledge on how to beat their deception. I’m hoping that John Zimmerman has the answers!!!" if you are part of jean-marc zimmerman's suit vs TMC/EICHNER (AND NOW PROBABLY BLUEGREEN) email him with you questions about direction and knowledge on how to overcome their deception. keep in mind, we're still being defrauded via the amount of maintenance fees we continue to pay. it should be substantially reduced. [Q=garyp151] Don’t spend it all in one place! We all got duped by MC and I’m angry as hell and I’m not taking it anymore. I would not cash it and send it back with a letter that it’s unacceptable.All owners should be upset but no one has direction or knowledge on how to beat their deception. I’m hoping that John Zimmerman has the answers!!! Gary J Paccagnini Penthouse Owner since 2004 [Q=phyllish107] We just received a check for $173 from the State of New York Office of the Attorney General, signed by Louis M. Solomon, with the following letter content: “In accordance with the Assurance of Discontinuation dated August 14, 2017, the New York State Office of the Attorney General is pleased to enclose your share of the second restitution payment from the settlement with The Manhattan Club and its Principals. This amount reflects payment for your pro rata share of all maintenance payments made in 2018.” Ridiculous[/Q][/Q][/Q]