Report Abuse

ask-redweek-wyndham-ovation-exit-update

Just completed the Ovation Title Transfer process back to Wyndham. It was very easy, besides having to get a notary on the title transfer documentation with two witnesses. They were actually very helpful. My wife and I purchased ours in FL on our honeymoon 1998, went to the location only once, tried to use our week (we had every other year, but you pay the taxes and fees every year) to switch to other properties with alot of difficulty especially after they switched from weeks to points. When we tried to use our week later on, they always tried to get us to switch to points for a only like a $15,000 conversion fee. Sheesh. So all these years we had been paying the annual tax bill, and at first it wasn't alot of money, but our last one was close to $600.00 and I would get so angry every time I saw that annual bill. We are done with it thankfully. Again the Ovation process was easy. There are many companies that make it seem as though you need to pay them thousands of dollars to get them to do the work to transfer the title back or sell it (really give it away), but with Ovation, I didn't pay a dime. Some things to note; The title transfer documentation is time sensitive - although you have probably been paying the taxes and fees for several years, they require you to get the notary and fill in and send back the information within 2-3 weeks of getting the paperwork, just be mindful of that. Also, they now have to do a check in their system to see if your Wyndham property even offers the Ovation Program, so if you are thinking about using it, call them soon! Again, Ovation made it easy, I knew I would never be able to sell our week, every other year, and I didn't pay some third party company to do it. Here is a link to some more information with the Ovation #; http://wyndhamexperts.org/index.php/2019/08/03/wyndhams-ovation-program/