Report Abuse

Re: Timeshares Can Make Cents

All I do through RCI, after 200-or-so exchanges, is get Extra Vacations and Last Calls for a few of my "cousins". Three of the couples have the Five Year Guest Pass, so they don't pay the Guest Certificate fee. One of them is a couple from British Columbia . . . I met them on a certain other forum. They had been owners at The Grandview, and wondered if there was any way to stay there without owning. I suggested that they renew their RCI subscription and use it for Extra Vacations and Last Calls. They couldn't get that done, so they just got the Five Year Guest Pass under our RCI subscription, and get EVs and LCs that way. They seldom pay more than $300. It has gotten to the point where I am getting EVs and LCs for friends of our Five Year Guest Pass holders, since they can't do that. So, just like there are timeshares that make dollars and sense, there is RCI stuff that makes dollars and sense. Since we live in our two favorite vacation areas, I don't even get RCI stuff for ourselves any more.