Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

gary p, i agree with you completely that the give-back for $100 is a scam (and don't leave out fraud!) herein lies the major problem/issue for so many unfortunate owners: they simply can't bear the financial distress and stress of the exorbitant and unrealistic (fraudulently and exponentially increased over time by 4 or 500%) maintenance fees. they simply can't afford this unexpected, increased expense. for this reason, they are willing to forego their original purchase investment in order to eliminate the unaffordable (to them) maintenance fee expenses. this scenario is not only a sham and a fraud, but sinful and unconscionable as well, both of which are easily and obviously ignored by TMC/BLUEGREEN citing the financial greed factor. it would be so beneficial if all owners could hold off on TMC's "generous" give-back offer and take legal action with zimmerman's lawsuit. however, that involves an additional financial outlay, impossible for many of our financially unfortunate owners. just a comment on possible actions considered by owners vs TMC: JUST DO WHAT YOU SEE FIT TO DO (OR NOT TO DO) WITHOUT ANNOUNCING IT HERE ON REDWEEK. leave TMC in the dark about our (your) strategies, both personal and legal. they peruse this site regularly to gather information that they can put together and use against us and our efforts at retribution. state what you want about TMC's actions against us owners, but say nothing about how we will counter their continuing fraud and sham. i have learned this from experience here, and have stopped "giving my hand away." TMC is fully aware that we are not sitting idly by while they continue to royally screw us and that we have established legal actions to combat their fraud. it is the descriptive strategies that are necessary to keep from their radar. we need to keep many steps ahead of them in thought and action. as an old saying goes, "loose lips sink ships!" stay healthy and be well during these trying times. chris [Q=garyp151] Giving the timeshare back for $100 is a scam. I beg owners not to sign the documents. I hope everyone takes legal action and join Jean Zimmerman’s lawsuit and hopefully get fair retribution. If not, I’m going to stop paying the maintenance fees and leave the time share to the state of NY. I can’t tell you how upset I am over the increased Maintance fees and that our investment would be worth more than what we paid. $100 is for from the $42k I paid and the $900 yearly maintenance is now $3800 !!!!!!! [Q=augustg4] Thanks Louise. Did you have a lawyer look at it? I don't see where it states back fees are forgiven. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks[/Q][/Q]