Report Abuse

Re: Beware of rising maintenance fees before purchasing a timeshare

[Q=frannie] Yes, fees did seem to go up considerably across the board, some far worse then others. Add to that the rising exchange company fee to exchange somewhere else {especially RCI'S increase } and things are not like they used to be. My advice is to call the resort directly and confirm with them any listed maintance fee, and also ask if there is an upcoming special assesment! They can be QUITE hefty![/Q] I recently purchased at Los Abrigados Resort and Spa in Sedona and when I called owner services to clarify information on the 35 page legaleze packet that was sent to me, no one was interested in talking with me when they found out that I bought a resale. It was instead suggested that I speak with someone at corporate. When I spoke with the person at corporate and tried to get information on the history of increases in maintenance fees and also if any assessments had taken place or were being considered within the near future, I got very vague information. I asked the same question 2 or 3 times, but never got a straight, firm answer, just "circle talk". We also own at The Ridge Tahoe and I am finding out that it seems to be easier to communicate with management at a single resort like that than dealing with a big corporation managing several resorts.