Report Abuse

ask-redweek-covid19-resort-reopenings

How can any company guarantee my safety when taking into account bedding including the comforter and pillows,kitchen countertops and dishes, remote control devices and people in general not respecting social distancing on beaches. Who is going to want to rent my week under these circumstances with no vaccine in place? The employment rate is upwards of 30 million people in the United States. People are worried about paying their rent and putting food on the table and keeping their children safe. My choices as an owner are limited to using my week currently booked end of Summer, banking it with a timeshare exchange company which adds exchange fees and annual membership fees another $300 or rent my week. If I bank my week under 60 days my exchange options are limited. I have faithfully paid my timeshare annual maintenance fees which exceed $1400 a year and now using my week or renting my week puts myself or a guest at risk. The travel industry has been decimated at present and I have full faith that it will turn around in time but not in the near future. I wish there were better solutions for owners in this most difficult time with a maintenance fee credit for 2020 because it’s just not safe enough yet to use your week especially if there is a spike in the Fall. I have truly enjoyed my timeshare ownership and stayed at wonderful places because of it and empathize with staff and businesses in the restaurant, travel and hospitality related industries who have lost their livelihood.