Report Abuse

Re: Anyone know anything about Finn Law Group?

Hi Irene, Your messages on this thread has been helpful. Do you know anything about the company Timeshare Resale Market (TRM). We were at Vidanta in March and was sold what we thought a Timeshare. There's also a part where we trade in 2 of our timeshares through TRM for I think roughly $1000K. They were deceiving. Long story short, just like most Timeshare Sale, it was dishonest and they take advantage of your vulnerable situation. I contacted Profeco via email and they said they will call us. I hope they can help us. :( I'm just trying to see all my options. There's also this company called Wesley Financial. Any thoughts on them? [Q=irenep59] I can explain why you should not pay anyone, unless you don't have the time or temperament to self-advocate. Diamond, Wyndham, Bluegreen and many other resorts are working directly with members to resolve disputes. In one ten day period, nine families contacted me to inform me they resolved their disputes working directly with their resort. One got a hearing through Profeco disputing a Vidanta loan. She negotiated a loan cancellation. Profeco was great. Those resolved resulted in $178,000 in loan cancellations and $34,000 in credit card refunds without paying anyone. The state I live in referred a member to me. They had been to BBB and to the state's timeshare division. They would not help. The state sent them to our volunteer organization. They were released in 48 hours for $250. They had a medical hardship. The BBB and the state timeshare division didn't ask. I contacted some exit companies and told them they should not be charging for exit services without the member contacting their resort first. I convinced one company to send us their "drops" to speak with our volunteers. They sent 131 members and owners. Of the 131 participants, 80 resolved their dispute within one day to six months by contacting ARDA's Coalition of Responsible Exit. The problem is, out of approximately 2,000 members and owners who have reached out to us, not one could tell us what ARDA even stands form. ARDA doesn't spend money taking out nationwide ads that say, "Contact ARDA if you need help getting out of a timeshare!" In my opinion, it's mostly a smokescreen for lawmakers and Wall Street to convince them there is no problem with the secondary market. ARDA is not a panacea and we don't win them all. No one does. Take Maury in Mississippi, diagnosed with cancer in '07, stem cell transplant, if Maury goes to the grocery store, he has to rest the remainder of the day. The resort said he has to be diagnosed terminal, reside in a nursing home, or be bedridden. Fortunately, Maury is a Mason and his Congressman is a Mason. He has taken up Maury's cause. The Congressman said that he had to retain an attorney to get out of his timeshare. Speaking of Congressmen, support retired Marine John Collick for Congress. He understands our self-advocacy process and has made timeshare part of his campaign platform in Virginia. I have a list of 11 resorts with no responsible exit, despite the testimony of Kenneth McKelvey, Chairman of ARDA ROC, who testified at the Florida legislative workshop I attended, "I've been in this business 30 years. Not one resort didn't have a dissolution policy!" https://responsibleexit.com/ If an exit company signs someone up, or the member retains an attorney, they are rendered ineligible for their resort's voluntary surrender program. Diamond is charging members in good standing $1,000 per contract, Welk $500, Bluegreen, one or two years maintenance through their "Give to Charity" program. The charity doesn't have to pay maintenance fees. One of the charities is founded by the co-founder of RCI. I'm told it's known in the industry as a "clean and press." All Bluegreen applicants in our study were accepted. To my knowledge Diamond has refused no one eligible for Transitions. Overall, the resorts have been good to work with. It's a negotiation. It doesn't have to take a lawyer or an exit company to negotiate with Barclays, Comenity or with a timeshare company.[/Q]