Report Abuse

Re: New Assessment

[Q=annec92] I have owned my timeshare for 25 years and have been hit by several larg eassessments over the years. I haven't, for many years, received any bulletins, newsletters, notices of owners' meetings, etc. is anyone else experiencing this? Further, I was shocked to receive another assessment and feel that there is gross mismanagement of funds. Either this, or we are being forced out so IHR can rebuild the complex and make more money. What do others feel about this?[/Q] I question this assessment & the use of funds also. Our assessment for a Banyan suite is approx. $800 for one week. You multiply this by 52 weeks & you're looking at over $40,000 for one unit. We bought back around 1986 & have never used the unit. Did rent it out twice, as I recall. I looked into getting rid of it after I rec'd this asssessment, rather to keep dumping money into it & was surprised at the cost involved in selling the unit. Island Realty wants approx $2,000 in commission plus approx $400-500 in closing fees, plus 4% state tax, plus my $500+ for 07 maintenance, plus $800+ for assessment. Approx, $3,800 in fees. Per Island Realty, most Banyan units are listed from $3,800 up. So much for any profit! The only one making money is the realty. Does anybody know of a quick way to get rid of a timeshare or any other Realtors?