Report Abuse

Re: New points based Global Access and RCI points

[Q=cimarrons] [Q=bryanf3] This is a new system they are implementaing as so many of us had trouble exchanging with RCI. However, I do not like their plan and wish we could all let them know so. There is a fee (I don't recall what) and there is a strong push for you to upgrade when transferring into their point system. However, I feel much less secure with their choices of what I can use my points on and chose not to change away from my week arrangement. They can not make you change, but will definitely work hard to do so. They also have discontinued our ability to use our week in trade for RCI points. A way to get us to use their program. I will not.[/Q] They have implemented their own customer service reps to deal with the internal exchanges first hand as they continue to add more Orange Lake resorts in other locations world wide .That is the 1st reason for Global Access the second is to add flexibility in the RCI exch system because all new resorts which are points resorts are only accessible by RCI members who own points and 3rd is to give peak week owners more value when trading because a peak 2b 2b @ OLCC is worth between 79,500 pts and 87,000 pts avg pt value @ Gold Crown Red week resort is 45,000 to 55,000 pts.The forth is to give owners other options in traveling than just a week at a resort.I own 3 weeks @ OLCC and just converted all 3 by doing one upgrade.If i hadn't upgraded there is a conversion of $1995 per week as of november when i was there and a $5000 fee if it wasn't purchased through the developer.[/Q]