Report Abuse

Re: Maintenance Fees

I am in complete agreement with your assessment of maintenance fees and I definitely agree with your math. The majority of mainteance fees seems to rise each and every year. In the vast majority of cases you come out much better financially to rent than to own without the hassles of owning. [Q=aristotle1]The maintenence fees are much too high in all the resorts. Take for example a one bedroom unit one may have for one week. One can find to rent one such resort for 70$ to 100$ a day or or on average 550$ per week to rent a given place yet the maintenance fees are about the same as renting a place for which one did not pay 15,000 or 20,000 on day one to own that week. If we take a unit where the maintenance fees are 500.00$ per year per week. If we assume that the developer sold the same unit for 45 weeks. This means that the developer collects 22,500.00$ per year for that one unit. Given that the building may have 20 units he is collecting 550,000.00$ per building per year. That to me is very high for maintenance fees. I like to see what others think. My email: irini90@msn.com[/Q]