Report Abuse

Re: So What Are You Doing For Your Cancelling Renter?

Owner point of view: I made it a personal policy never to use Redweek’s ‘Protected’ for all these reasons, plus not getting my money till later. I considered it a ruse by RW to hold money in the bank for interest. The owners are getting unfairly screwed. So I am devising a new contract with a partial refund guideline so everything is out in the open. 120-60-30 days policy. This year, with 4 rentals, I have made an accommodation of some sort, depending on the resort policy, on each rental. And this is how it should be. The experience cannot be risk free for the renter. So one split the $4,400 with me, which worked out to be fair as I can recover some maybe through COVID certificate, one I gave a complete refund of the half deposit because he bailed 60 days out. The last one bailed after saying he was not going only a week prior to the date. I can get a coupon and basically, it's work out. Well not really. I want to get out even, and don’t mind losing a little. Still working on that one. There was one that bailed really early, and I gave him next year, keeping the money. I have to work through the certificates to get my money for this year back. I try to be as fair as the conditions warrant. But the idea is that the Redweek escrow really screws the owner and needs to be changed.