Report Abuse

So What Are You Doing For Your Cancelling Renter?

From what I understand, the owner would get an Interval Exchange for use in the future. However, these are often loaded with restrictions such as a need to book within 120 days of the use. So, let's say the owner deposits a highly valued and easily rented Newport Coast week. First, it would be highly unlikely he would get into Newport Coast with the imposed use constraint. Second, assuming he was able to get the week he wanted, the owner must use the week - no rental. This is a pretty bad outcome for the owner. This is not much better than the accommodation certificates I sometimes get from Interval for free. So, while the renter would like a refund, would it be fair to the owner to get less than the equivalent of what he has - in the form of a "highly restricted Interval Accommodation Certificate" for enabling a cancellation and refund? I want to be fair, so why not stick to the cancellation terms of the rental agreement? Both parties willingly agreed to those conditions. Redweek's efforts with revisions to the rental agreement and enabling direct communication between renter and owner enhanced the prospect of a timely resolution between owner and renter. Too often, the renter asks for an out at the last minute thereby severely restricting the owners options. Let's just be fair on both sides. [Q=jbl3] If you are a Marriott owner, Marriott is offering "COVID Certificates" (good for Interval weeks during 2021 and I believe 2022 I don't remember), and I don't have one to reference here. If there is anyone who is wondering about this, I would be glad to email or talk about it. You can contact me at jbrosetti@gmail.com and as I see patterns, I will post info here. Basically you just have to call them and they post it to your interval account. the interval account is free for Marriott Owners.[/Q]