Report Abuse

Re: COVID-19 Related Cancellations

[Q=michael3092] As an update I can cancel the Marriott Points reservation if the reservation is within 60 days of the requested cancellation . Then I must use the points within 120 days into 2021. Fat chance not being a “gold” week member .The Covid expiring date for the cancellation changes is August 31, 2020. I hope they extend that date . Otherwise I can bank into Interval which I never used nor care to use.[/Q] I'm not sure what a "gold" member is as it relates to points and whether it would matter in getting a reservation. The only impacts of member status for points (chairman's club, etc. status) that I know of is that you get some advance time to book reservations. So, if you get the points back and they have a 120 day restriction, it probably means that you just need to book closer in to the start of the reservation. Of interest - I went on a wait list for two 5 day points reservations last weekend for Timber Lodge in Tahoe to start this weekend. Both were filled within 3 days. There wasn't even a 1 day reservation available on line. There must have been cancellations. I was surprised it worked.