Report Abuse

Has anyone actually been able to sell their Westgate Park City timeshare?

[Q=john6519] I know that Westgate properties typically have little to no worth on the resale market. We do have a floating annual ski week but the kids are about to be out of the house and we will be selling it or deeding it back with the fee. I hesitate to go to the trouble of trying to sell it if it's a hopeless chore. Thank you. John.[/Q] Unfortunately, Westgate now (quite deliberately) greatly devalues all Westgate ownerships acquired in the secondary (resale) market, specifically by imposing severe restrictions on "resale" owners' reservation eligibility, thereby rendering resale ownerships essentially worthless to subsequent others. I believe that this punitive measure against resale owners has been adopted and imposed by Westgate only in recent years, so your own [b][i]prior[/b][/i] years of successful use and enjoyment may very well have preceded Westgate's adoption of these relatively new restrictive reservation policies for "resale" owners. Personally, I would forget about trying to sell it (or even trying to give it away for free, for that matter). It would certainly be quicker and cleaner to just pursue a direct "deedback" under Westgate's "Legacy" program. The $900+ Westgate deedback fee, although gratuitous (almost larcenous, actually), would surely involve a lot less time, headache and aggravation for you than trying to accomplish a transfer of ownership on your own --- and maybe never actually succeed in doing so before the next maintenance fee bill arrives. All maintenance fees must be fully paid up to date for any deedback to even be considered by [b]any[/b] developer or independent resort, including Westgate. Good luck, in any case.