Report Abuse

Re: Villa Group Timeshare Scam

And now for a contrary view: My in-laws have purchased 1000s of points from Villa Group and never had a problem using them in Cabo, Puerto Vallarta or Cancun. Keep in mind that they reserve well in advance and tend to use them in low or medium season, i.e. summer in Cabo, October/November in PV, and early January in Cancun. But they use 6-8 weeks a year and Villa allows you to "take points off the back end" so they sometimes use points from year 30 etc. if they don't have enough for the current year. I visit these properties almost annually and I found Villa service and amenities to be superior to Marriott, Westin (aka SPG aka Marriott) and Hilton. For example Villa provides 2x daily house cleaning and refresh - at the others you get one cleaning per week. The Villa rooms are also much larger. Now I am not advocating that anyone purchase a timeshare as the cost is generally higher than renting a week and the restrictions are significant. Nor can I comment on Villa Group sales and marketing tactics. But I would not slam Villa group properties, reservations or the point system.