Report Abuse

Re: Anybody Heard of Timeshares United?

[Q=jayjay] Again - [b]NEVER EVER pay an upfront fee to any company to sell your timeshare[/b]. If they are a legitimate business they will take the fee AFTER the sale, not BEFORE. The upfront fee companies take your money and put your timeshare on a list, that's all they do, they don't market it. You can do the same thing here at Redweek where there's a lot of internet traffic, or other listing sites, and save yourself a bundle of money. The upfront fee salespeople are very good at what they do - persuading a desperate seller to list with them, much like a developer salesperson - they are very convincing. They will also tell you that your week is worth much more than it actually is. I honestly don't see how these people sleep at night. Ask this nice lady if she will take the fee after the sale and see what she says.[/Q] My guess is the niceness would soon disappear. I have no intention of listing with them, But their methods were different enough to separate them from the pack of would-be scam artists that call me monthly. I still might e-mail her for mere entertainment purposes... Since I once fell for the listing scam, paying hundreds of dollars to Vacations R Us Online for their "market analysis" and phony offers to buy our week, I would have to be hard pressed to fall for that scam again. I'm thinking about listing it for rent on redweek to cover the maintenance expenses, at least. I might've messed up this year since I own week 5...