Report Abuse

Re: Would like to know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks Jayjay, I thought buying timeshare is a good thing, cause we can go to the place we like to take vacation year after year, or trade our timeshare unit for other around the world for a fee with RCI and / or II. Now we feel depressed, we can not go to the other place that we like to visit because there is no week available for trade said "RCI" and "II". We can not sell it or rent it, but we still need to keep paying the maintenance fee year after year. The situation is hopeless; Timeshare owners will not deposit their weeks with RCI or II because they will be at the mercy of RCI and II (these companies will try to make profit by renting the weeks out first), while timeshare owners are waiting for the week and time they like to vacation to. Timeshare owners are tire of waiting! Now, with the thousand of timeshare internet websites, timeshare owners get smarter and start doing their own rentings, do not deposit their weeks with RCI and II, hence create a shortage of timeshare in RCI or II systems. So timeshare property investors build and sell more timeshares. This is an endless circle. Hope I said it correctly. The solution is; we keep going to the home resorts year after year, and be happy with what we get. Jayjay, with your knowledge of owning a timeshare, please go on the 60 minute TV show, and let every one in America and the world know what is happening with owning a timeshare, and be ware of getting fault information from timeshare developers and buying a timeshare. I am new at this, do not know much like you, and might not be able to explain the system as good as you can. If I could, I would tell every one, at least, I will feel good that I am doing something good! Soon