Report Abuse

Re: Anyone heard of Helios Commodity purchasing timeshares?

#1 of 4 Just in the last month or two, someone from Maine contacted me about Real Destination & Vacations, 6675 Westwood Blvd, Orlando. They found a buyer for them after they listed with Timesharebyowner. The scammers sent two Fedx trucks to their house, picking up a processing fee of $1,848 and a second truck to pick up a luxury tax check for $1,590, then ghosted the family. I spoke with Orlando police, but to go after them the victim would have to come to Orlando. Paying by credit card would have allowed the family to dispute. Never wire money. #2 A family listed their Orange Lake timeshare with SMTN. Then they received a call three weeks later from someone claiming to be a paralegal saying they found a buyer and an attorney would call. A bogus attorney called with the information. They wired money to Hong Kong, the documents impressively done "Proof of Funds" in escrow. Three buyers on the contract from the Dominican Republic. Then someone called impersonating a federal agent saying their account had been flagged, ended up threatening to arrest them. Then someone called saying they were from Ron Jon Timeshare, "We know seniors are forgetful. We wanted you to know we accepted the contract." I ended up speaking to a Secret Service agent who helped them with the threatening phone calls. He told them they were lucky they only lost $4000. The victim a 100% disabled Agent Orange Army veteran. #3 A Canadian banker reached out to me last week. A bank client came in to wire money to a name I recognized. It was an LTRBA member. They stole her name. The BBB report listed the fake company, her as the owner. We're tracking down to see if they actually have her name on fake documents. #4 Someone was going to pay an exit company $6999 which included $1999 finance charge to get out of a Mexico timeshare. They had spent $10,000 since 2014 to get out of the timeshare. I made one phone call. It took 10 minutes. The resort emailed docs to notarize the next day. The owner was Canadian. They are all scams. Maybe not #4, the exit company, but many solutions happen with a couple phone calls, avoiding paying exit companies that include millions for TV ads. Order the book Not Today Buster and follow their advice. It's a Special Project of the OAG Florida. I work with a network of volunteers throughout the US and Canada encouraging people to work with their timeshare company. If they refuse, regulatory complaints if necessary, media outreach.