Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Here is the letter I am sending to New York Attorney General James: November 4, 2020 Attorney General Leticia James Office of the Attorney General The Capitol. Albany, NY12224-0341 Dear Attorney General James, The Office of the New York Attorney General is being used to perpetuate a fraud. I am referencing a scheme defrauding 5,000 New Yorkers and 18,000 consumers in total. In 2014, after hundreds of complaint letters, NYAG Schneiderman began an investigation of the Manhattan Club Timeshare operation. After a 3 year investigation in which the NYAG obtained audio, video, bank records, reservation records and depositions documenting systemic fraud by Ian Bruce Eichner and the Manhattan Club the NYAG’s investigation ended with an Assurance of Discontinuance in 2017. Here is a link to the agreement: https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/manhattan-club-aod_0.pdf NYAG Attorney General’s Schneiderman’s agreement gave Eichner and The Manhattan Club a free pass to avoid any further prosecution by 5,000 New Yorkers and the 18,000 people in total they defrauded. In the Assurance of Discontinuance Eichner and the Manhattan Club admitted they ran a timeshare scam and defrauded consumers. But, for payment of a $6 million dollar fine, the price of one year of Eichner’s no employees, no services provided management contract at the Manhattan Club, Eichner has been able to avoid all litigation from the consumers he defrauded. While the NYAG Attorney General Schneiderman’s agreement says “ on page 17 Section 74,"The respondents, Eichner, shall not take any action or make any statement denying, directly or indirectly, the propriety of this Assurance or expressing the view that this Assurance is without factual basis. It also says," Nothing in this paragraph affects the Respondents (i) testimonial obligations or (ii) right to take legal or factual positions contrary to the terms of this document in defense of litigation or other legal proceedings, to which the OAG (Office of the Attorney General) is not a party. This Assurance may not be used by any third party in any other legal proceeding and is not intended, and shall not be construed, as an admission of liability by the Respondents in any other proceeding." In other words Eichner and TMC can deny in any Court they were guilty of running a timeshare scam with the expressed blessing of the New York Attorney General's Office. Despite the NYAG having investigated and finding extensive evidence of Eichner's fraudulent Manhattan Club timeshare operation Eichner is given a full pass for committing fraud from the New York Attorney General, 'the people's lawyer.’ As a defrauded consumer, I look forward to Attorney General James rectifying this gross miscarriage of justice. Attorney General’s Schneiderman’s AOD with the Manhattan Club was not a slap on the wrist for Ian Bruce Eichner. Attorney General’s Schneiderman’s AOD with the Manhattan Club was a kiss on the hand.