Report Abuse

Re: After the Hurricane.....

[Q=kathy787] Has anybody who owns Timeshare to the Crown Paradise visited there since the construction has been completed after Hurricane Wilma? I am curious to know what changes have been made, such as the restaurants changing places, and how the beach looks now that the sand has been dredged from the ocean to re-build it. I heard that reservations are no longer necessary for the restaurants and there is a gazebo on the beach now. Also, I heard that the lobby has been remodeled. We will be going there at the end of January (can't wait!!) and I am curious what to expect! One more thing: has anybody ever stayed in a Studio room, and how is it? This year I traded in one week of my one bedroom timeshare to get two weeks in a studio....I do love the one bedroom, but this way I doubled my time and only had to give up one week....Anybody stay in a studio, and what is your opinion? Thank you!![/Q] _____________________ I just got back from Cancun on Friday, 1/26. It was my first trip to Crown Paradise Club. Nobody mentionned any new restaurants and they still do take reservations. The fitness club/weight room was destroyed during Wilma and has not been re-opened yet. They moved it into the 2nd Tower and only had about 6 machines, walkers, bikes, etc. It was very limited at best. They told me that about 95% of the rooms have been re-opened thus far and work was being done as fast as possible as they are at almost 100% capacity mid Feb. We stayed in a 2 bedroom in the 2nd Tower. I also looked at the 2 & 1 bedroom suites in the old 1st tower. I liked both suites better and those are beautiful. Our room was large and nice. The only problem we had was that it was very dirty. This was our first trip to this resort and maybe our last due to the lack of cleanliness. I do not believe that they swept or washed our floors once during oour stay. We are not neat freaks, but we have 2 little kids and we did not allow them to crawl on the floors, thus we cleaned the floors ourselves. The restaurants were nice and all other service was good for the most part.