Report Abuse

Re: Floating Week

[Q=anitad10] I feel badly for you and I guess myself, too, if this is what I have to look forward to. Have you ever tried to trade your unit through II? I have not attempted to do that yet, but we have traded our other timeshare, The Ridge Tahoe, several times with good experiences at other 5 star resorts including even larger units at Marriotts. Granted, we did put our requests in way in advance and gave some flexibility to several different locations and resorts, but so far, we have had great experiences and Los Abrigados is still listed in II as a 5 star resort-----I sure hope that that doesn't change![/Q] I've done some OK trades in the past - a place in San Diego, Puerta Vallarta, in the UK. Right now I don't belong to either II or RCI. The way I see it, that's just adding another membership fee onto the annual maintenance fee, and then on top of that there is the extra bit they charge you for each exchange. That would be putting me out of pocket $800-900. For that kind of money I can find a pretty nice place to stay on my own, and with a lot more flexibility. Just remember -- no matter how friendly, cheerful, and nice they appear to be -- anyone who has anything to do with the timeshare industry is a bunko artist supreme who deserves to be in prison for the rest of this life and in the 7th circle of hell in the next (if you believe in that stuff)