Report Abuse

Re: Re: Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

You wrote, in part: [Q=marjoriew41] I am interested because I'm getting too old to travel, and it is difficult finding vacancies at this time. ... my adult children and I have also had good trips , but it's difficult to schedule. ... I am grandfathered in to a VIP Silver status with my points combination. I understand that my son or daughter could not inherit the status. The Ovation option sounds good to me, because I'm not ready to pay to get rid of my timeshares.[/Q] From the bottom up: o Are they paid off? If "yes" and Wyndham won't take ALL of them, then by all means consider stopping payment of maintenance fees. o Don't pay anyone, ever, anything, to "get rid" of your timeshares. o Do your children even WANT your timeshares? They do NOT have to accept them if they inherit them; they just write a Letter of Disclaimer and walk away. o OF COURSE your children cannot "inherit" your VIP status! Instead, Wyndham would have their hands in your children's pockets right away to "reinstate and upgrade" your VIP status! :-( o Finding VACANCIES depends WHOLLY on you and your children SCHEDULING trips FAR in advance and putting in for what you want at the earliest possible time. If that just can't work for them, go back to the top of this list and consider stopping payment of maintenance fees.