Report Abuse

Re: Deer Track Golf Course closed and loss of our Gold Crown status

[Q=jamesb181] [Q=vcitorh] Am looking to buy a week at this timeshare. What should I know before moving foreward?[/Q] received time share as a gift. Not been able to use yet. Have you been there and what is it like. jbortz@hotmail.com[/Q] We bought a one bedroom there 2 years ago, haven't stayed there yet but have toured the resort. It has been good for trading and this year I deposited it for points with RCI. The units were updated with a special assessment before we bought, make sure they don't charge you for this, we were told we didn't have to pay it so when we got our bill I sent it back and they admitted it had been sent to us in error. The units are very nice, new furnishings, new carpets, etc. It is in a nice area near Plantation Resorts and bordering on the golf course that closed last Oct. It is peaceful there but still very close to the beach and all the activities of Myrtle Beach. The covered pool is large and is quite new. The downside is the roads are in terrible shape and need to be paved, I think that is the main reason they lost their Gold Crown status (when we bought it was a Gold Crown resort with RCI.) Since it is a weeks resort you can deposit your week as points with RCI if you have a points account. We have been pleased with our purchase at Country Club Villas.