Report Abuse

Re: Re: refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

[Q=fayeb56] I signed up with them on March 16, 2021. Paid upfront fees of $1,698.00, this is for them to handle all the transfer of ownership when they sell it. They gave me a price range to set it at. Also they would not let put everything about my ownership on the add. I want to put the additional points I have banked for RCI usage, they would not put that on the add. I have not had one response from them since this started and they said it would sale before 90 days. When I went on the website and looked there are more than 50 other one out there that are still for sell. Now I don't know what to do. Can you offer any help. Thanks Faye S[/Q] With all due respect, you may not fully understand the SMTN operation. The money you paid upfront to SMTN is only for a "listing" --- nothing more . In the (unlikely) event that a buyer should ever materialize, closing and transfer costs are entirely separate, and are paid to SMTN by the buyer. SMTN closing costs are also unusually high. SMTN's primary objective is to collect upfront fees, which they have already successfully accomplished in your case (and many others). SMTN does not care one bit if your timeshare [b]ever[/b] sells; they [b]already[/b] have your money. If by good fortune a willing buyer should happen to come along, closing and transfer costs collected from the buyer is just more unexpected and welcome gravy for SMTN. What SMTN does (i.e., collect hefty upfront fees from people willing to voluntarily overpay for a web site "listing") is certainly not illegal, but this so-called "service" is both grossly overpriced and usually completely ineffective. I don't know the statistics on sales via SMTN, but I am strongly inclined to believe that SMTN sales are likely somewhat rare, particularly since the listing prices are usually very unrealistic and [b]far[/b] above actual resale market value. I suggest pursuing other avenues in your attempt to part company with your timeshare, as it is highly unlikely that you will ever see any results with SMTN. The money you paid to SMTN is just plain gone. Unfortunately, some timeshares have no market demand or resale value. If yours is among them, you might ultimately have to try to just give the timeshare away for free if it turns out there is no value or demand in the resale market for whatever it is that you own. RedWeek and Timeshare Users Group (TUG) are both popular, reputable (and relatively inexpensive) advertising venues. Good luck, but don't bank on ever achieving any actual results from a SMTN "listing".