Report Abuse

Re: spammers

The above marginally coherent post makes very little sense to me. Anyone placing an ad on RedWeek, whether for a resale or for a rental, pays good money to do so. They also create a "paper trail" in the process, identifying themselves by their payment method (e.g., credit card). Accordingly, why would anyone choose to pay good money to place an ad and then promptly remove it as soon as someone contacts them? Sorry, but that just makes no sense to me at all. I think a far more likely explanation is that someone who placed a rental ad successfully found a renter and then (as is their prerogative) promptly removed their ad so as not to be inundated with more inquiries about a week already successfully rented. I cannot blindly accept the above "spammer" accusation, as it just doesn't make any sense. If you have concerns or suspicions about any particular ad, I respectfully suggest that you contact RedWeek Customer Support directly, identifying the number of the ad that troubles you. Just venting and speculating in these discussion forums will not really accomplish anything unless a RedWeek rep happens to stumble upon your posted complaint in these [b]discussion[/b] forums.