Report Abuse

Re: New Assessment

This assessment maybe for fixing up the place the next problem will be hugh maintaince fees for the new lease agreement on the land under the building. Because of all the high end development across the street. The land the Imperial it sits on will be apraised maybe double or more what it is now so the owners of the land will demand to be paid for the new value and it will be pased on to the owners of the vacation weeks we have no choise. We have been told that they were going to buy the land under the building which never happend, than we were told that they were going to pursue getting it condemed like the property across the street so they could buy it, that didn't happen. So now after the building is refurbished and the lease comes due in a few years than what. Eithor you sign the new inflated lease amount or we all walk away from the building and the lessor takes over the property that sits on their land. Than it won't be a maintaince assesment it will be one thousand or much more every year just for maintaince fees. One thousand already sounds low to me. It is all about the land under the building that will control the numbers in the future. We are fixing up the lessors building. [Q=mary1340] I would like to know how much the Imperial was offered to sell out to the new development? Why the board (those people acting under a fiduciary duty to us) didn't negotiate with the developers to incorporate us into the new Lewers Street plan? I'm sure many of us would have considered paying a little more to be part of the new development? If not, we should have been allowed to sell out instead of being threatened with collections and foreclosure. The Imperial will be a real eye sore in a year or so. I can't imagine the new development not wanting to incorporate it. What really stinks is the threat of foreclosure and damage to my credit rating. When I entered into my time share agreement I never contemplated rebuilding the entire building. I would like someone to point out to me where in my agreement I acquiesced to assessments equivalent to a brand new building which may happen. On the other hand should this wonderful board decide not to do anything will I get any of this money back? This fiduciary duty line is a bunch of crap. I believe we should have the ability to vote on these major issues as individuals and decide our own fate. I'm not happy with being threatened. When I sign my mortgage I know exactly what my payment will be for the next 30 years. When I signed my purchase agreement for this timeshare I expected the payment would remain the same and/or reasonable. Maybe it is time for the Imperial to sell out.......what are you all going to do if the next assessment is in the thousands?[/Q]