Report Abuse

Re: Is this a good news or bad news?

[Q=daddyd] Hi. Just got back from 2 weeks on Maui. Everyone still refers to the Ka'anapali Beach Club as the Embassy and according to every cab driver and bus driver, they always will. Other than that fact and the inconvenience it will cause you if you just say "Ka'anapali Beach Club" to a driver and get taken to someplace else, like the Ka'anapali Beach Hotel, I can't see the name change as news of much significance. The Sunterra Brand is keeping a curious kind of low profile around the resort and I asked about this but got no real answers. Most bartenders had no clue that any changes had even taken place! BTW, I loved our 7 day stay at the Beach Club and would return there. The 1BR 1BA Unit was plenty spacious for 2 adults but don't let all those photos on display here fool you. They wow you with that ocean front view which you will not see unless you spend the very big bucks for it and I think only the 2 BR units get the kind of views the pics let you think that every unit provides. We spent little time in our unit and didn't much care about the view. We were up and out for a walk on a beach before sunrise and almost always planted at a beach bar for sunset. Just beware. Some friends of ours let the fact that they didn't view the ocean from their lanai ruin their entire trip![/Q] We have an ocen front condo and always have the waves lapping under our balcony..it is beautiful.