Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare Points vs. Weeks

Kyle asked, in pertinent part "... which is better - points or weeks? << I don't want to answer that question as posed. I do, however, want to offer a personal opinion that the apparent increase in the popularity of "points" seems (to me, anyhow) to have made it increasingly more difficult for "weeks" users to get certain exchanges. The reason seems clear and obvious to me. If ANY part of a week is utilized by a "points" user at any given resort, whatever and wherever it may be, then that ENTIRE week immediately becomes unavailable for reservation by any "weeks" user, even though the "points" user may actually only be there for a few days out of that particular week being sought by the "weeks" user. One can't have it for a partial week at the same time another has it for a whole week. This is not to take a side on "which is better", although I will openly acknowledge that I am a "weeks" owner and I fully intend to remain so. I merely want to point out the obvious fact that there is only so much space and so many weeks available in the timeshare universe and these two very different time utilization schemes may (and they do) occasionally "collide", since each one has entirely different increments of time usage. That's my opinion, certainly worth what you paid for it ;-)