Report Abuse

Re: Re: Re: Cancelling within 10 days

[Q=dariellew] Thanks so much I resent the letter with my physical signature I really hope it works.[/Q] Anyone else who signed the contract must also sign the rescission (not a concern if you made this purchase alone). No need to "hope". Your right to rescind (cancel) is [b]provided by law[/b]; it's no voluntary act of kindness by the developer. No matter how sleazy their sales weasels might be, no developer in the U.S. would ever dare to flaunt that law; legal consequences for doing so would be severe. Any rescission submitted properly and within applicable state law time frame (10 days in Florida) [b]must[/b] be processed with 100% of buyer deposit refunded. It could lawfully take up to 45 days for you to receive your refund, but it likely will not take anywhere near that long. If you got any "gifts" (e.g., a tablet) or other "owner materials", send them back --- you can be charged for them upon rescinding the contract if not returned. The developer is not under any legal obligation to "confirm" your rescission --- most never even bother to do so. Their only obligation is to [b]process[/b] your cancellation and refund your deposit. Now knowing that, do [b]NOT[/b] call them to "follow up" and do not engage in [b]ANY[/b] phone conversation with any developer representative who attempts to contact you to "sweeten the deal" or otherwise try to talk you out of rescinding. Don't answer their phone calls at all. Let the law work for you now and don't get in its' way by "muddying the waters" with phone conversations that could be deliberately and conveniently (and falsely) "misconstrued" as your expressing a willingness to reconsider. On the contrary, you are now slamming this door shut and locking it behind you; a very wise decision when it comes to slimy Westgate.