Report Abuse

Re: Re: Cancelling within 10 days

[Q=peimans] The only thing I didn't include is a copy of contract. Is that required as well or I should be ok with just notice of cancellation and their own pre printed form? Should I contact my credit card company as well even though charge is already posted and is pase pending? Also I sent the original paper (notice of cancellation) I found in my owner manual, not a copy. Will that be a problem? [/Q] If you did not provide DRI with a copy of the purchase contract, I hope that you provided [b][i]something[/b][/i] that specifically identifies the date / location / details of your transaction. DRI should not have to initiate and conduct an investigation just to figure out exactly what it is that you are rescinding (cancelling). If your purchase deposit was made on a credit card, then your refund will be applied back to that same credit card (DRI is highly unlikely to send you a check as refund for a credit card transaction). Under applicable U.S. law, it could take up to 45 days for your refund to be issued, but it likely won't take any more than a very few weeks. Meanwhile, It would be both premature and unwise to [b]cancel[/b] that credit card [b]before[/b] your refund credit can actually get processed onto it. If you signed and sent the original of a rescission document reportedly provided by DRI, I hope that you at least made and retained a photocopy of that signed document; it is the actual legal instrument with which you are exercising your right to rescind (cancel); a legal right which is provided by state law (not by voluntary DRI benevolence).