Report Abuse

Re: No response from a renter

[Q=laura1588] I finally worked a verbal agreement with a possible renter, I faxed him confirmation that we did in fact have the week to be rented and a rental agreement. It has been a week and no response from emails. I have other people looking at the week. Do I owe the first guy a chance, or is it first with the money, you get the rental?[/Q] Laura if it was me I would take first offer that is paid! You did the best you could by giving this renter proof of confirmed week! It doe not take a week to e-mail back to you about this. Most people are excited to find the unit they wanted and price and try and hurry to lock it up so a week tells me this person is just wasting your time! To you this is a verbel agreement and to other person it might just be his way of getting prices and now he is comparing! This is something he /she should have already done. If It was me I would send e-mail right now explaining deal and state that other offer will be excepted if no call back this morning. Also state you have held off a week with no return call. Many people will make verbel offers looking for cheap deal and never give you another thought and this is sad! Don't waste any more of your time and end up not renting your unit because of this possible deal!