Report Abuse

Re: Questions for those who have been there

[Q=orvillef2] I am taking my daughter and grands to the Grand Mayan at the very end of May. For weather's sake is this a mistake? Also is Walmart very close for food via taxi and is taxi expensive?[/Q] Hi there, Your daughter and grandchildren are going to LOVE the Grand Mayan, It is just fabulous. The water park, slide and lazy river will keep them occupied all day long. The beach is also awesome. We just returned with friends this week, there were 7 kids in all, all ages, and everyone had a blast. The resort is as nice as any I have stayed in all over the world. 5* all the way. You need to request an ocean view ahead of time is possible instead of waiting until check in. We own 5 weeks( meaning we have 10) there, and always request an ocean view for our renters and get it every time. Also, Walmart is about 20 minutes from the resort, and yes, taxis are expensive. But if you go there and stock up on everything you'll need for the week one time, you'll be fine. The resort is about 30 minutes from downtown Puerto Vallarta by taxi and is around $18 each way to and from the resort. Don't rent a car, you'll never know where you are going and it's impossible to park anywhere downtown. Have a great time. If you have any more questions about any of the Grand Mayans, you can contact me anytime. Beth bethonly@hotmail.com