Report Abuse

Re: Buying timeshares (even resale)

I would go through a closing company as they hold all funds until the transaction is complete. A very reputable company is www.timesharetransfer.com I would never sell or buy a timeshare without a closing company involved. I believe that timesharetransfer.com charges $300 for a simple closing, but they may offer escrow services without full closing for a lesser fee. Check out their webpage. [Q=darrell132] At the price I can't lose but we are stumped as to how to exchange funds in the sale? I called and verified the seller actually owned what he claimed at this resort. Now the owner wants to sell and even lowered the price some more <Grin> but wants me to sign papers he sends me then return to him with a check which he said he will hold until Resorts Advantage has made the name change on the official documents. I don't like the idea of sending money to someone until my name is on the correct papers. Does anyone know of a reputable company that handles this kind of transaction for sellers and buyers? I really wouldn't consider buying if this were not at a resort that we will use regularly and save about 200 per night on our stays.[/Q]