Report Abuse

Class action suit re: Points Reservations???

Quoting Jennie (in pertinent part) from a posting back in October, 2006, in order to ask my question........ Re: >>.....must wait until the 10 month opening reservation date, and by then the week you want may be unavailable. (This is the basis of a class action lawsuit now pending against Cendant and Fairfield). << Let me state clearly and up front that I don't know anything whatsoever about this alleged class action suit. Let me further clarify that in initiating this posting I'm NOT looking to start a reservation procedure discussion or opinion poll. That intro stated, it's now six months after Jennie's quoted posting and it would be nice to learn a bit more about the class action suit from someone / anyone who knows actual further details. My own questions, for example, specifically include: .... who initiated this alleged lawsuit in the first place? .... what exactly is the "relief" sought by the plaintiffs? .... status / resolution (if any yet and if known) of suit? .... recommend written source to read up on the suit? Very curious but admittedly uninformed, I'd like to know (or learn of a written source to research further) more facts (not mere speculation or personal opinion) from a knowledgeable source regarding this reported lawsuit. Got knowledge??? Thanks. Ken ======================================= Edited once, deleting extraneous material from quote... =======================================