Report Abuse

Re: Resale Value

[Q=cathyw29] [Q=christa76] [Q=cathyw29] I bought a one-bedroom Executive Suite in year 2005 with 30 yr. term with PBSB developer. I want to sell it now, does anyone have any idea how much it worth for the resale price? Thank you.[/Q] I think the best thing you can do is keep your eye on what the resale values are on this site. Keep in mind that you're probably not going to recoup your investment if you bought directly from the developer. You might also contact the developer to see if they have a program for resales, but like i said, it won't be worth what you paid for it. Good luck![/Q] Thank you for your reply. I tried to resale my unit through the developer, and they could only refer me to the so called marketing companies on their list. I selected one of them and required to pay an upfront fee of $499 to sign a two-year contract. This company said they would use this money as an advertisting cost and internet marketing. However, I never got a call from this company and received any rental inquiry after the account was setup. I later I found out the lady took care my account was no longer working in that company, and nobdy knew what's going on with my account. Again, the developer referred me to a guy at a local marketing company, called Elite Travel..... He told me he has many buyers for resale unit and had full of confidence that he could sell it for me but required me to pay $499 with a two-year contract for advertisement and etc... Also, this company never keep me updated about my unit. It has been over 1 year now that I have to be actively follow up with him, RETIRED!!. When I called him in February, he told me that the resale price for my unit only worths $8,000-$10,000 instead of $15,000 at the time when I setup the account with him. Taking further lost, I am willing to sell it at $13,000 but I still haven't heard from him until now. I just want to advise that we have to be very cautious when using these advertisement/marketing companies who required to collect an upfront fee of $499 and then 7% commission when sold although they were recommended by the resort developer. Anyway, I don't believe this will happen, I just have to try another way.[/Q] How about advertising right here on Redweek?