Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare Points vs. Weeks

Hi everyone. I own Fairfield Points. One advantage is that you can reserve a week at a resort, and if you have to cancel, you don't lose your points. You receive a version called cancelled points which must be used or deposited into your exchange company before the end of the use year, provided you cancel greater than 60 days before the check in date of your reservation. If you cancel less than 60 days before your reservation, there are more restrictions on your cancelled points, but you do not lose them and they are good until the end of your use year. You can also wait until the day that your use year expires to make a deposit to your exchange company. I own at Bonnet Creek and Star Island, and while every exchange I wanted did not materialize, I am relatively happy. My main problem is that RCI makes a lot of errors relative to my account which I have to take time to correct, and sometimes their personnel does not know or at least pretends not to know that what I want to do can be done. Stan.