Report Abuse

Re: How to get rid of a timeshare you no longer want ....

"As much as we have enjoyed owning timeshares I think it will be nice when we get rid of all of them and not have to deal with all the bull!" __________________________________________________________________________________________________ Renting a week or two now and then directly from owners here at Redweek.com is a great alternative to owning a timeshare. You obtain all of the benefits of a timeshare vacation without the ongoing responsibilities and expense of ownership. Hubby and I own too many timeshare weeks. Our circumstances have changed through the years and we can no longer use all of the weeks we own, although we anticipate using them again in a few years. We have had 100% success renting our excess weeks through ads placed here at Redweek. Many of our renters used to own timeshares, sold them, then found it difficult to settle for hotel rooms. They are glad to rent a condo timeshare unit from us for around the same price they would pay for a hotel. We are glad to obtain the rental fee to pay our maintenance fees. Many of our renters have never owned a timeshare because they are able to rent what they need each year from ads at web sites such as Redweek. I'm glad they figured this out without buying a week from the developer and then going through all the drama, uncertainty, and frustration of dealing with RCI and other exchange companies. I tell all of our relatives and friends that most people are better renting instead of owning a timeshare unless they find a resort and week (or season) that they would like to return to almost every year. And if they find such a place, always buy via resale. We own several of these and are very glad we do.