Report Abuse

Re: new owner

[Q=sallys79] [Q=ralphm27] [Q=ellen510] Would like to see if there are other new owners out there and why you decided to buy at St Kitts. This is our second Marriott time share. We love the one in Orlando We have swappped for other time shares, points and stayed there. Also interested in ant air fare deals that may be out there. Ellen[/Q] WHEN DID YOU MAKE SETTLEMENT? HAVE YOU STAYED IN UNIT YET?[/Q] Concerning settlement ... is anyone else having difficulty getting their final paperwork? We bought (i.e., put out $$ ) in September 2006 and still haven't received anything in writing that shows we are owners. We weren't notified by Marriott that we were elibible to make a reservation in 2007 until it was too late for us to get the week we wanted. Our calls to Marriott Vacation Club have elicited the response that they are dealing with a foreign government and are subject to their slower ways. That may be, but it is not excuse for Marriott not to keep us informed of the status of our purchase. Our experience with this transaction has not been typical of Marriott's usual efficiency and I am wondering if this an indication the future in St. Kitt's.[/Q] We bought our first week in St Thomas - Frenchmans' Cove last April 05. It took at least 6 months and after many many communications with the real estate dept. about lost paperwork and the requests for additional paperwork to be completed to close. Then in 2006 we decided to buy another week in St Thomas, that also took 6 months to close. Marriott also blamed it on the government for the delay, mentioned something about the property is outside of the U.S. and the regulations are more strict, etc, etc. Sounds like it is par for the cource with Marriott. I agree with your comment about the lack of communitcation on their part. I work for a financial insitution in the lending dept and have a very good understanding of the escrow process. My bank would not be in business for very long if we treated our clients as such! Did not have to pay for 2006 maint fees we are going there for the 2 weeks this Sat. We are interested in St Kitts also but are shy about going thru the same routine. Probably will try to exchange a week of our St Thomas property thru this website some time. Good luck, we will be watching this site to see what your results are!