Report Abuse

Re: Exchanging Timeshares for Cruises

[Q=anitad10] Thank you for all of your input. I think that you have convinced me to schedule the cruise on my own and either bank my timeshare weeks for that year or try to rent them. Anita[/Q] One last piece of advice: use a travel agent to book a cruise; they are more complicated than a hotel vacation. And for all the believers in on-line agents like Exp**ia or Tra*****ity they are just a booking agent. You may as well get the personal service of a LIVE agent; it's FREE! You don't have to do all that work and research. Commissions are included in the cost you pay so you can give it to an online with no personal service OR a real travel agent who will look out for you. Also, there is a misconception today that because there is so much information on line, that is the whole story. NOT true. Agents, especially good ones, have access to MUCH more information than the general public ever will AND much earlier.One of the most important things an agent can do for you is share the benefit of personal experiences and those of their client. They can give good ADVICE and will take the time to get to know you and match you to the right cruise. They will also get you upgrades, discunts and anything else they can so you will be a happy client. Yes, I am a travel agent and I can tell you many stories about people who booked online and had problems OR just not the best experience they could have had. My tip is to agree with the Royal Carib fan but also to offer Princess as an excellent choice for Alaska. Knowing all the cruise lines, I find RC to be an excellent value and much more reasonable than many people think. A good agent will match your demographic to the right cruise line and experience tailored for YOU. No online company can touch that. Hope this helps! MaryD