Report Abuse

Re: Re: Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

No kids? No grandkids? They dont want a free timeshare for the simple cheap cost of annual dues? Maximum flexibility to travel using your points? Really? Or if no kids no grands, I am sorry. Sell to someone at your local church. The cost to transfer a deed is maybe 400.00 and use the same attorney your resort developer used so its sure to be a clean deed. Think creative. DONT BADMOUTH timeshares as that does NOT help you sell it. Finally, how much usage did you and your husband get out of it? How much did you pay? And amortize that times years of usage and see what those fabulous vacations and memories cost you. Hire an attorney who negotiates the buyback with Wyndham. Make sure He/She gets a decent offer.....because I assure you Wyndham will take that deed and resell those points/weeks all over again at their newly inflated dollars price. That is what you tell Wyndham. 99% of time they take advantage of old people who just want out, have no advocate and dont know the magic words. I would ask 10k. Maybe take 8k. Be happy. Pay your lawyer and move along. But really, what about your kids and grands? Dont they understand how to use timeshare even if they dont like your resort? I find so many people who really dont know what they have and how to use it. For heavens sake, TRAVEL! BANK THE POINTS AND GO SOMEWHERE WITH A FRIEND OR LOVED ONE to someplace magical. THINK! [Q=judithm284] I see the dates on several responses are 7-plus years old. I contacted Wyndham a year ago, 2021, and was referred to the realtors they recommended in Orlando, FL. The charges were ridiculous. I contacted a realtor friend of mine and they agreed, that the fees they were charging to list were not realistic. I did inquire this year, 2022 about the Ovation program and was told they would only recognize one TS I purchased for the purpose of converting the original two weeks I Inherited from my parents. I am a widow 79 years old and live on a fixed income and no longer travel. I haven't used the TS in many years. I am trying to get rid of my 300,000 annual points. I would sell everything for a one-time cost for the annual maintenance of $2800. but would need to get advice on how to transfer the titles to the deeds.[/Q]