Report Abuse

Re: Exchanging Timeshares for Cruises

[Q=anitad10] Are you owners at The Ridge and when you were mentioning your friends who rented their unit at The Ridge through the resort in 2 days, are they owners at The Ridge? We own at The Ridge and I have never used the resort to rent our unit and would like some feedback on that. I also agree that the other travel services offered through II ( rental cars, planes, hotels, etc.) are advertised as discount prices, but they certainly are not the best prices or choices that I have found.....so it is really not a benefit of membership. The other person I mentioned is not a friend but another Redweek Member who owns Naegle building at the Ridge! Yes I do own the Naegle Building at the Ridge Tahoe! The other person I was talking about had his unit listed on Redweek with no hits and he marked it unavailble. After us getting no action I e-mailed him to ask and was told he decided to stop wasting his time and give it to the Ridge to rent and they rented five of his days and he said his family would enjoy other two days there! We have Memorial Week 5/26--6/2/2007 in high floor non-smoking unit over looking Carson City Valley and this is what we asked for last year so giving it up would be hard to do! I talk to the Ridge People couple days ago and was told they would take a unit two weeks from use date but no promise of renting the units! Carrie at the Ridge told us they are renting two bedrooms at $385.00 per night for Memorial week and have no Naegles left and would take our unit right now. The Naegle and Tower are the hardest buildings to get into because there still the best of the Ridge units. You can find the Terrace and Plaza anywhere for rent or sale and most owners bonus time is in one of the two buildings. They get something like 30-35% of the rental fee plus I think they deduct for cleaning services also. I have no problem with this at all and it is so easy to do! Now the down side is we have the unit we want and when you give it to them to rent out you lose the unit. The Ridge is very high on taking care of its owners so our unit would go to another owner if they wanted to move up to better unit or location and the Ridge would rent what was left over. Again I have no problem with this but say they only rent four days then you can come up and use the last three days except you have no idea what unit except it would be a Naegle unit. All the units are nice but we have 7-8th floor and could end up down on first floor and its nice but not what we want after waiting all year! If the Ridge would let us stay in our unit I would have let them rent it two days ago and I wouldn't need to mess with paperwork or worry about getting scammed! We most likley would sell same way through the Ridge. Hope this helps and you can call and talk to Carrie in the rental office if you would like. We are going through all this because our daughter has finals Memorial week and couldn't go. We will come home on Sat and fly out to Colo Springs on Sunday morning so it is going to be a busy two weeks! GOOD LUCK! PHIL