Report Abuse

Re: BlueGreen Vacations Timeshare Scam Warning!!!

The total cost of the stay only comes into effect if you don’t attend the timeshare presentation. They disclose to you that the promotion is void if you don’t attend and that you’d have to pay to current market rate for the hotel. How they operate with the promotions is they give you gifts that are contingent upon you doing something later on. For example, they gave one bass pro shop gift card when I signed up and initially paid them the $175 and then they gave me 3 more $50 gift cards when I showed up to the presentation. I’m on the 3rd day of my vacation through them here in Saint Pete. I went to their sales presentation yesterday. The only “scam” is that they do what every other sales and marketing firm does: blow smoke up your ass but leave out the details for you to read later. They are clear about certain things but then convolute other things. I did my research after booking this trip and asked a lot of questions when I sat down with the realtor who gave me the tour and all that. Bluegreens is not a scam or a scheme but there are many hidden costs and problems that they don’t tell you about however it’s all spelled out in the ownership paperwork they give you IF you buy their product and become a deeded owner. And they give you 30 days from the day you become an owner to back out and receive a refund.