Report Abuse

Re: Re: BlueGreen Vacations Timeshare Scam Warning!!!

[Q=lifeofd] …And they give you 30 days from the day you become an owner to back out and receive a refund.[/Q] Rescission (cancellation) periods are determined by the laws of individual states. In the U.S., that time period is as few as 3 days in several states, 5-7 days in most states, 10 days in Florida and Tennessee. No state law provides a longer rescission period than the 10 days provided by Florida and Tennessee. Is the “30 days” cancellation period to which you make reference expressed [b]in writing[/b] within the contract, or are you just repeating a verbal statement made by a hungry sales weasel? I ask because in my many years of experience with timeshares, I have [b]NEVER[/b] heard of a “30 day rescission period” [b]ANYWHERE[/b] --- I doubt that any such thing exists at all. I find it very hard to believe that [b]any[/b] developer would [b]ever[/b] willingly provide a cancellation period which is three to ten times longer than the longest rescission period provided by any state law in existence anywhere in the U.S. In short, color me [b]VERY[/b] dubious about the accuracy of your stated claim that "they give you 30 days to back out".