Report Abuse

Re: Sheraton Vistana, Starpoints and exchanging

[Q=frankc109] [Q=anands5] frankc109, what are the risks you mention about buying resales? are these eliminated by going through time share closing company? are only some sections of the vistana resort tied to starwood resorts or can any property be exchanged into a sheraton resort? can any property on the resort by tied to either interval or rci? lots of question, anybody with some or all the answers ??[/Q] anands5 The buying of the timeshare is fairly easy, but you have to give yourself 90 lead time, so the closing companies can do their thing, the real problem is the seller, you never know who you dealing with, on ebay you may have some feedback data, but most sellers are new to ebay when they selling their own week, if they are brokers, the prices are higher. As for the trading power, RCI is bigger, but Sheraton's newer projects are trade through II, part of your purchase directly from Sheraton comes with the Starwood membership for $99 paid first year by Sharaton and that covers II membership. This membership fee would be forever, if you stop there is a $599 reentrance fee. If you buy in Vistana Village, the entire project is II and very few unit weeks would make itself to RCI. Buy Vistana Village is a Starwood member, so the staroptions are transferable. Do buy into Vistana Resort directly from Sheraton, since your purchase price is almost the same as the Village and you are not lockin as a starwood member due to the resort was partially built by Sheraton. Best cause of action is to buy a cheap resale and trade it in at your next visit to the resort and go directly to Vistana Village and trade it in for double the money with a Vistana Village purchase, you can save $3k to $5k for a one bedroom and close to 5k to $8k for a 2 bedroom. Go to weblo.com and type in vistana resort, you will find other message access to me if I can help.[/Q] frank, if i buy a resale in sheraton vistana can i join both rci and ii with the same property ? if my main purpose is to exchange worldwide then this property gives me a good bargaining power with both ii and rci and joining both gives me access to both their properties. am i right?