Report Abuse

Re: new owner

[Q=garretc2] Received Maint Bill for 2007 (2b/2b Ocean View) itemized per unit as follows: $121.98 Replacment Fee $1,402.37 Operation Fee -$516.26 Developer Subsidy Have sent an e-mail to my sales rep for clarification on Replacement Fee and Developer Subsidy. It will be a very unwelcome surprise to find out that our maint.fees are under a developer subsidy with a limited term.... meaning our maint.fees will jump by $516.26 per unit if/when this subsidy expires!!!! Owned Marriott Marbella and only had 1 line item to pay - Maintenance with no subsidy or replacement fees at/around $1,000 per unit and was sold on SK being at a similar level for annual maintenance.[/Q] Hello there - I am the St Thomas Frenchman's Cove ower who previously replied to your email. When we were there last week we checked into buying at St Kitts, the sales person had to get their manager to give us the figures and tried to discourage us from buying and wanted very much to push two more weeks at St Thomas. They had very little info on St Kitts we were very disappointed, decided not to buy any more. Your situatioin just confirms our decision not to buy any property outside of the US. If I were you I would call the main Marriott International Sales dept and get a Dept. Manager, go right to the top! After all the sale isn't final. Good luck sure do hope you enjoy your property from the pics it looks very nice. Maybe we can do a trade sometime?? We own in Maui and Ko'Olina as well as St Thomas. Ruth